JOB DESCRIPTION: Community Project Officer
Responsible for managing and attending to day-to-day local community stakeholder relationships in order to ensure strong and meaningful connections are established and maintained with these stakeholders to ensure that all projects maintain their social license to operate in the local communities.
Qualification(s) and Experience
Grade 12 certificate
Preferably completed a diploma/degree in the following fields: Community Development, Environmental Science, Development Studies & Social Work
Experience in engaging and consulting with communities and implementing community development projects
Excellent project and time management skills . Proficient in MS Microsoft including, Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Self-motivated, self-starter and able to work with limited supervision. Able to problem solve, work independently & within teams. Comfortable with public speaking
Applicant must be residing in the Khai-Ma Local Municipality (preference will be given to applicants from the closest towns surrounding the project site, namely Onseepkans, Pofadder & Pella)
• Sound written and verbal communication skills in English and Afrikaans are required; and
• Ability to speak an African language would be an advantage.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Actively assist in effectively and appropriately identifying, engaging and managing stakeholders to the project, including acting as the day to day point of contact for the project and communities;
• Actively assist in the identification, implementation, reporting and monitoring of community based socio-economic and enterprise development projects (including the collation and maintenance of all related documentation);
• Create and maintain positive and strong relations with project team members, O&M contractor employees, community trust trustees and community based stakeholders (including community members at large)
Kindly email your CV, proof of address and covering letter to ED@biothermenergy.com. Please ensure that the subject line to your email states the following: “Submission for Konkoonsies II CPO position”
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
click on the link for the full job spec