JOB DESCRIPTION: Health and Safety Officer
Responsible for providing oversight management of health and safety aspects of wind energy facility to ensure that the facility is a healthy and safe place in which to work, and that the facility complies with all Health and Safety legislation, regulations and BioTherm’s Operation and Maintenance Health and Safety commitments.
Ensure safe working environment and the prevention of any injuries and accidents through the continuous improvement of the Health and Safety Management System.
Qualification(s) and Experience
National Safety Diploma
Legal Liability Training
Registration with South African Council for project and construction Management Professions (SACPCMP)
Excellent management skills with a highly organized approach. Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills. Fluency in English and valid driver’s license is essential.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English are required; and
- Ability to speak an African language would be an advantage.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Drive behavioral change through advising and implementing continuous improvement programs and practices to encourage an exemplary H&S culture;
• Actively engage the entire workforce and other stakeholders in order to build a strong H&S culture;
• Create and maintain positive and proactive relations with O&M team managers, supervisors and employees
• Develop educational training, toolbox talks, etc. to build a continuous positive H&S culture
Kindly email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org