BioTherm’s Management Team
Robert Skjodt Chief Executive Officer
- Over 25 years power generation experience on 6 continents
- Previously CEO at Okavango, Actis’ African renewable platform, which was merged with BioTherm Energy
- Before that Head of Project Development & Investments for a subsidiary of Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding, Director of Wind at Danish Investment Foundation and Group Vice President at ABB Utilities Management
- Experience in business development, financing, investment, construction, asset management and electricity trading across a number of technologies and markets around the world
- M.Sc International Business Economics
Julian JohnsonChief Operations Officer
- Over 12 years of financial and management experience, including 6 years in telecommunications in Africa and the Middle East, financial services and renewable energy
- Leads all operating and financial management aspects at BioTherm Energy
- Broad experience across operational finance, tax and treasury, M&A, company secretarial, insurance and risk management
- Previously at Transaction Capital, MTN and KPMG
- B.Com (Accounting), B.Com Honours (Accounting), CA (SA)
Werner EngelbrechtDevelopment Director
- Over 25 years power generation experience
- Leads BTE’s grid compliance activities as well as all solar project activities from a technical and contractual services perspective
- Previously at Eskom, Sappi and private consultant as Owners Engineer in utility scale green fields and brown fields thermal power station projects in South Africa
- B Eng (Electrical and Electronic) (University of Johannesburg)
- Government Certificate of Competency
- Member the Eskom Grid Code Access Committee
Ludwig van AardeTechnical Director
- Over 23 years conventional power generation experience including O&M, and asset management
- Over 7 years of experience in development of solar and wind projects including construction management, Operations and Maintenance
- Various positions at Eskom, Worley Parsons, Pangaea and Marstec
- Experience in design & operation of power plants and technical team management on site
- B Eng (Mechanical, University of Stellenbosch and Government Certificate of Competency (DoL)
Nikhath ZigmundBusiness Development Director
- Nikhath brings a decade of experience in the African power sector
- Having previously worked for Actis, Empower (a former Globeleq company) in London and Berkeley Energy in Nairobi.
- She has primarily focussed on developing, and investing in, power generation and distribution businesses across the continent.
- Nikhath holds an MA in Computer Science from Cambridge University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Libby Hirshon Environmental Social and Governance ESG Director
- Libby has 18 years of Environmental Social and Governance (ESG)
- Experience across all industries but with a primary focus on renewable energy, and across multiple countries in Africa.
- She joined Okavango in July 2018 as Head of ESG after working independently and for the IFC as an Environmental and Social Specialist in their Africa team.
- Prior to this she worked as a consultant for Environmental Resources Management (ERM) for 12 years, where she headed up their Social Development team and specialised in ESG due diligence, advisory and supervision work, with a primary focus on the management of complex social impact issues.
Loretta Di ZioEconomic Development Director
- Responsible for all Economic development, value for money and socio-economic development activities
- Qualified CA with over 12 years of financial reporting, audit & management experience,
- Previously worked for EY both in South African and internationally
- Previously managed all finance functions for all companies within the BioTherm Energy portfolio as its Senior Finance Manager
- B.Com (Accounting), Honors, CA(SA)