Robert Skjodt Chief Executive Officer
- Over 25 years power generation experience on 6 continents
- Previously CEO at Okavango, Actis’ African renewable platform, which was merged with BioTherm Energy
- Before that Head of Project Development & Investments for a subsidiary of Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding, Director of Wind at Danish Investment Foundation and Group Vice President at ABB Utilities Management
- Experience in business development, financing, investment, construction, asset management and electricity trading across a number of technologies and markets around the world
- M.Sc International Business Economics
Julian JohnsonChief Financial Officer
- Over a decade of financial and management experience across Africa and the Middle east focussing on the telecommunications, financial services and power sectors
- Leads all operating and financial management aspects of the BioTherm Energy Group
- Broad experience across operational finance, tax and treasury, M&A, company secretarial, insurance and risk management
- Previously worked at Transaction Capital, MTN and KPMG (external audit and advisory)
- B.Com (Accounting), B.Com Honours (Accounting), CA (SA)
Werner EngelbrechtBusiness Development Director South Africa
- Over 25 years power generation experience
- Leads BTE’s grid compliance activities as well as all solar project activities from a technical and contractual services perspective
- Previously at Eskom, Sappi and private consultant as Owners Engineer in utility scale green fields and brown fields thermal power station projects in South Africa
- B Eng (Electrical and Electronic) (University of Johannesburg)
- Government Certificate of Competency
- Member the Eskom Grid Code Access Committee
Nikhath ZigmundBusiness Development Director Africa
- Nikhath brings a decade of experience in the African power sector
- Having previously worked for Actis, Empower (a former Globeleq company) in London and Berkeley Energy in Nairobi.
- She has primarily focussed on developing, and investing in, power generation and distribution businesses across the continent.
- Nikhath holds an MA in Computer Science from Cambridge University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Lerato NonyaneHuman Resources Director
- Over 14 years Generalist Human Resources Management
- Specialised in Employee Relations ,Skills Development and Diversity Management.
- Leads all Human Resources aspects across the group
- Previously at Enel Green Power, Aveng Mining , Joy Gloal (Komatsu Mining group)and Edcon
- Registered Human Resources Professional with The South African Board for People Practices and The South African Labour Law Society
- Qualification in Business Psychology and Human Behaviour as well as an Honours Degree in Human Resources Management
Libby Hirshon Environmental Social and Governance Director
- Libby has 18 years of Environmental Social and Governance (ESG)
- Experience across all industries but with a primary focus on renewable energy, and across multiple countries in Africa.
- She joined Okavango in July 2018 as Head of ESG after working independently and for the IFC as an Environmental and Social Specialist in their Africa team.
- Prior to this she worked as a consultant for Environmental Resources Management (ERM) for 12 years, where she headed up their Social Development team and specialised in ESG due diligence, advisory and supervision work, with a primary focus on the management of complex social impact issues.
Simon Amm Project Finance Director
- Simon has over 20 years’ experience in the project financing of energy and infrastructure across Africa, on both the debt and equity side
- He has led several transactions to financial close for clients including Cobra, Enel Green Power and Abengoa
- Since 2012, Simon’s focus has been on renewable energy projects in South Africa, Kenya and Egypt, amongst other countries
- Simon holds a Master’s degree in Economics (M. Com, with Distinction) from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.